Sometimes Diets Aren't So Bad
I've been really frustrated recently because A) dieting sucks because you can't eat anything fun and B) if you're going to bother dieting you should at least be able to lose weight, right? Well, there's nothing I can do about that second thing right now (except bitch to anyone who will listen), but tonight I was determined to at least make something South Beach friendly that I would actually enjoy eating. A piece of wild Alaskan salmon solved all my problems. Behold a meal that is both delicious and healthy.
Seared Mediterranean Salmon
Serves one (because I'm a loser)
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- salmon fillet (5-6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 T chopped black olives (Nicoise or other)
- 1 T fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- squeeze of juice from half a lemon
- 1 t capers, drained
- roughly torn fresh basil leaves (2-3)
This is my entry for Weekend Herb Blogging #101, hosted by Myriam of Once Upon a Tart. WHB is a weekly food blogging event where bloggers post recipes using their favorite herbs, plants, veggies, and flowers. My herb of choice is fresh basil, showcased delightfully in this dish.