Key Lime & Coconut

My adventures in the world of food & wine

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Boston (Junk Food) Marathon

Today thousands of people accomplished the impressive athletic feat of running the 26.2 miles of the world-famous Boston Marathon. Today I baked cookies. I don't feel too bad about this because I got my own exercise this afternoon in the form of Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease Vol. 2: Fit to Strip. I was gonna go to the gym and do some running myself, but I have blisters on my feet from the evil, evil shoes I wore out on Saturday. Anyway, I digress. These cookies are really good.


Dark and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe from March 2007 Bon Appetit
Makes 2 dozen
  • 2-2/3 c. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips, divided
  • 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. (packed) golden brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. chopped crystallized ginger
  • 3-1/2 oz. high-quality white chocolate, very coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or grease). Stir 2 cups chocolate chips with butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth; cool 10 minutes. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla, then flour. Stir in ginger and remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips; let stand 10 minutes. Drop cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 1-1/2 to 2 inches apart. Press white chocolate pieces into top of cookies, dividing equally. Bake until cookies look puffed and slightly dry on top, about 13 minutes. Cool on sheets.

Ok, I feel like a total cow doing this cookie post immediately after the cinnamon roll post. Let me prove to you, faithful readers, that I actually ate something nutritious for dinner:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Much more sane to stay home and bake cookies than to put on shorts and run 26.2 miles in a nor'easter!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

i can't wait til you move in so you can bake us cookies...yumyumyum.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home