Key Lime & Coconut

My adventures in the world of food & wine

Monday, January 14, 2008

Open Sesame

So it's been one of those Mondays. I woke up this morning and there was over 6 inches of snow on the ground, with the flurries still coming down hard. I trudged my way to class but listened to very little of what went on. Then tonight I went all the way back down to Harvard Square for my first French class at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education, only to find that it was cancelled because of the blizzard. Figures.

Fortunately, dinner was quick, easy, and healthy. I'm still doing the whole diet thing, especially after my Friday night involved beer and stolen bites of other people's desserts. This stir-fry isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but it did help make me feel a bit better about my weekend indiscretions.


Tofu, Broccolini and Sesame Stir-Fry
  • 1 package extra firm tofu, cubed
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp dry sherry
  • 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced, divided
  • 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced, divided
  • 1 tsp peanut oil
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 large bunch broccolini, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
  • 1/2 tsp arrowroot
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
  • brown rice, if desired
Put the tofu in a bowl. Combine the soy sauce, sherry, 1/2 Tbsp ginger and 1/2 Tbsp garlic. Pour over the tofu and set aside. Over medium-high heat, warm the oil, then add the rest of the ginger and garlic. Cook for a few seconds and then add the onions and broccolini. Cook for a few minutes until they start to become tender. Remove the tofu from the marinade and combine the marinade with the arrowroot. Mix into the onion and broccolini and stir to thicken sauce. Lower the heat to a simmer and add tofu. Cook a few more minutes until the tofu is warmed through. Serve over rice (if desired), and top with sesame seeds.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home