Key Lime & Coconut

My adventures in the world of food & wine

Friday, November 02, 2007

Food Quote of the Day

"She's incredibly powerful and more loved than I am. But she genuinely offends me. Julia Child, for example, raised people's expectations of food. When Rachael tells you that it's perfectly O.K. to buy prechopped onion from the supermarket ... I mean, how hard is it to chop an onion? The takeaway is, I could cook, but instead I'll finish this bag of Cheetos and that gallon of Diet Pepsi before dying of diabetes."

--Anthony Bourdain on Rachael Ray - Nov. 12, 2007 issue of Time

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Cheetos and Diet Pepsi!?!?!?
Great quote! I agree.
(But now I'm hungry for Cheetos...it's been years...and years....)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

I'm not the Rachel-phobe that Bourdain is, but I can certainly appreciate his point here. She has a LOT of influence on America's food choices... and she's only a step or two above Sandra Lee.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel has the freedom to offend Bourdain if she wishes.

I think it is neat that she seems to take up so much of his time.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Peabody said...

Rachel Ray is proof that the end of the world is coming...well actually Sandra Lee is but she is a close second.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home