Just Make Yourself a Dang Quesa-Dilluh!
Because I am a giant nerd, every time I make myself a quesadilla I think of that gloriously nerdy movie, Napoleon Dynamite. Despite the fact that Napoleon and his grandma seem to think quesadillas are a boring fallback meal (not to mention a difficult to pronounce word), I tend to disagree. You can put all kinds of yummy things into a tortilla. Just look at this Potato, Greens, and Goat Cheese Quesadilla from the March issue of Bon Appetit. It's vegetarian and healthy but also has lots of delicious cheese, including goat cheese, which gives it a nice earthy flavor. Easy and fast, but still a hell of a lot better tasting than whatever it is Napoleon feeds that llama his grandma keeps in the backyard.
Potato, Greens, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- 1-1/3 c. half-inch cubes peeled Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1-1/3 c. packed coarsely grated hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 c. jarred salsa verde
- 4-2/3 c. coarsely chopped stemmed mustard greens, divided
- 4 eight-inch flour tortillas
- 3 oz. chilled fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- olive oil