Key Lime & Coconut

My adventures in the world of food & wine

Monday, October 23, 2006

Snappy South Beach Dinner

I'm back on South Beach for the week - I need to detox after about a month of eating and drinking with utter abandon. It's going well so far. I made myself a yummy dinner so that I wouldn't be too sad about making myself eat healthily for the next few days. It was super quick, too, which is good because I was starving after the gym!

I had some leftover fresh rosemary from the cauliflower pasta, so I took a pork chop, seasoned it with salt, pepper, and the rosemary, and pan-fried it for 3 minutes on each side and then broiled it for 2 minutes on each side. I also steamed some fresh green beans for 2 minutes so they were nice and crisp, and I had some leftover black beans so I spooned them on top of the green beans and sprinkled them with a little pepper and cumin. P.S. I fudged the whole diet thing with a half-glass of a Syrah that Steve brought over last week.


And just for fun, here's the pie that Tina made for Ryan's, Dan's, and Tina's gathering on Saturday night:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sterling Heights TV Repairs said...

Lovely postt

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home